Have You Been Injured in an Auto Accident?
Here at Waltrip & Campbell, PC we specialize in handling Personal Injury and Auto Accident cases. Our job is to ensuring that our clients are compensated for injuries they have suffered as a result of the actions of others. These injuries can be debilitating and have life altering effects which require long term treatment. Furthermore, the injuries can result in a loss of income, thousands of dollars in medical bills, and the loss of your ability to enjoy life due to constant pain.
Let us guide you through this difficult time and demand the appropriate compensation for your injuries.
Call today for a free, no-obligation consultation, 757-645-9001.
How We Handle Your Personal Injury Case
We evaluate cases with a 3 step analysis of Duty, Breach, and Damages. Below is an explanation of each step our lawyers will go through to determine if you have a personal injury claim.
- First, we sit down with each potential client to determine whether the person at fault had a duty of care. This can be as simple as driving in a manner that does not harm another person.
- Next, we examine whether a breach of duty has occurred (in other words, the defendant was negligent). Example: Did the person fail to drive in a safe manner that resulted in the accident?
- Finally, as a result of the defendant’s driving, was there injury (damages)? We assist you throughout the duration of your treatment and discuss the injuries you sustained. We will also assess the impact these injuries have on your life in both the short term and long term.
In addition, it is important that our clients see a doctor before meeting with our lawyers. Your health is our number one priority. Make sure you bring the documentation of your injuries to the initial consultation because this will assist the attorney in providing a more precise figure for damages.
In conclusion, this three step test helps us determine whether you have a claim so that we can begin fighting for your rights.
What to do When an Auto Accident Occurs
- Call the police.
- Seek medical attention if necessary.
- Take photos of the damage.
- Contact Waltrip & Campbell, PC immediately – 757-645-9001
- If possible, write down witnesses names and telephone numbers.
- Keep copies of medical records, bills and notes of related expenses.
MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT give any information to the other person’s insurance company.
Medical Malpractice and Products Liability
Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or nurse makes an unreasonable mistake that results in an injury to you. First, it’s very important to understand that an injury must be sustained in order for the medical professional’s mistake to qualify as medical malpractice.
Second, you should document any information or conversations you had regarding the incident as soon as possible.
Finally, if you believe you have a case in any of these areas, let us evaluate your case. Contact us below so that we may advise you of the best way to approach your case.
We pride ourselves in fighting for the rights of our clients through compensation and fair settlements. Fill out the Form at the bottom of this page to schedule a meeting with our Personal Injury Lawyer, Stephen Campbell.
Cases We Handle
- Car Accidents and Auto Injuries
- Medical/Professional Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Uninsured Motorist
- Premise Liability